Welcome to the new BACP Approved Practitioner Qualification - CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
Prior to starting this course, you will have obtained the CPCAB Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills and the CPCAB Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies or their equivalent.
Students will also be expected to be writing to GCSE English level or above.
The two-year Therapeutic Counselling Diploma CPCAB Level 4 course will provide professional training in counselling which will enable you to acquire a sound theoretical knowledge and the
practitioner skills required to work safely and effectively as a counsellor. Successful completion of the course will mean that you will gain:
- A thorough theoretical understanding of a user-centred approach to counselling, with the core model of practice being the Person-Centred model of therapy. The course will also refer to
Psychodynamic, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Gestalt and Solution Focussed models of therapy so that you can integrate relevant theory in the future.
- A sound knowledge and understanding of ethical boundaries and the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) ethical framework.
- The ability to link theory to practice and the development of sufficient confidence and maturity to establish and maintain a one-to-one therapeutic relationship with a range of clients.
- A thorough grasp of both theoretical and practical issues surrounding client diversity in counselling work.
- An increased level of self-awareness and the ability to think critically about assumptions, beliefs, value systems, development and relating.
- A good understanding and experience of counselling supervision through working as a counsellor in the community within a counselling placement.
These skills will be acquired by undertaking the following 7 mandatory units of study:
- Working ethically, safely and professionally as a counsellor.
- Working within a counselling relationship.
- Working with client diversity in counselling work.
- Working within a user-centred approach to counselling.
- Working with self-awareness in the counselling process.
- Working within a coherent framework of counselling theory and skills.
- Working self-reflectively as a counsellor.
Year 1 in Therapeutic Counselling Diploma CPCAB TCL4 course will start Wednesday 21stSeptember 2022. 9:30 - 17:00
Year 2 in Therapeutic Counselling Diploma CPCAB TCL4 course will start 22nd September 2022. 10:00-17:30